Celebrate Halloween with your favourite kitchen appliances and make sweet treats and seasonal drinks to get you into the Spooky spirit. Don't be scared if you don't have the appliances below, they are all available for you online at Expert.ie.
Halloween Spiderweb Cheesecake
A simple decorating trick make this the perfect Halloween inspired treat.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 450 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 125 g icing sugar
- 180 g heavy whipping cream, cold
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 150g Oreo cookies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120g sour cream
- 1 teaspoon black gel food colouring
- Put the Oreo cookies, melted butter and sugar into the food processor and mix on speed 2 until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a springform pan lined with parchment paper.
- Put in the freezer until the filling is ready.
- Place cream cheese, vanilla extract and icing sugar in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the Wire Whip.
- Mix on speed 6 for 2 minutes.
- The mixture should be light and airy.
- Add the whipping cream and the sour cream and mix on speed 6 until the mixture is very thick and creamy.
- Spread the filling evenly onto the prepared crust. Tap the springform pan on the counter to smooth out the top.
- With the black food colouring mixture (black gel food colouring mixture mixed with cream cheese) transferred to a small batter dispenser, make a spiral shape in the cheesecake batter. Start in the middle of the cheesecake and work your way to the outside of the cake.
- Take a clean skewer and trace lines from the middle to the outside of the cake. Clean the skewer every time you make a new line.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours.
- Remove the side of the springform pan as well as the parchment paper before cutting into the cake.
- Recipe serves 6.
Pumpkin Spiced Latte Coffee Cocktail Recipe
A sweet and seasonal latte with homemade pumpkin syrup.
- 40ml Spiced Rum
- 40ml Italian Espresso
- 25ml Pumpkin Syrup (Add pumpkin puree to sugar syrup)
- 50ml Whole Milk
- 2 drops Vanilla extract
- A squirt of cream to finish
- Warm the milk with your traditional milk frother or use the milk carafe with your bean to cup machine. (Note: A saucepan can also be used - heat on a medium heat until simmering.)
- Add all the ingredients to the latte glass.
- Top with whipped cream and dust with cinnamon.