We hope your Easter is full of the sweetest things in life!
NordMende are delighted to share with you a selection of Jenny Bristow's favourite modern spring time recipes perfect for Easter Weekend.
Rolled Scone Bread with
Lemon - Soaked Raisins and Cinnamon Damson Plums
- 450g Self
- raising flour
- 1 Lemon Rind & Juice
- 1tsp baking powder
- 12 ½g caster sugar
- 250ml milk
– full cream or low fat or buttermilk
- 4oz raisins
- 3 plums - chopped
- 25g soft brown sugar
- 50g. Raisins
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon powder
50g softened butter
- Grease a 18-20cm/7-8-inch tin and dust lightly with caster sugar.
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl and add the baking powder.
- Add the sugar and milk, and lemon and mix to a firm dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, knead lightly, and roll out to a rectangular shape approximately 30x23cm/12x9inches and ½ inch thick.
- Make the filling by mixing the
melted fat, raisins, chopped plums, sugar & cinnamon and s pread on top of the rolled dough. Brush around the edges of the dough with cold water to help seal the edges and roll the dough up loosely into a log shape, making sure it is even and well - shaped. Using a sharp knife, cut the log into 7 slices and arrange it flat in the tin with one in the centre. Bake in your oven @ 200°C/gas mark 6 for 15 - 20 minutes until risen and golden.
- Remove from the tin and
leave to cool. The scones will retain their individual roly - poly shape and can be separated easily.
Roasted Lemon Muffins
These muffins are made by
- 200g Cake Making Self
- Rising Flour
- 150g softened butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 lemon rind
- 25g Demerara sugar
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- Beat together the softened butter, sugar,
eggs, and flour until soft and creamy (approximately 2 - 3 minutes).
- Add the vanilla, baking powder
, lemon rind & juice . Toss lightly.
to lined muffin tins and spoon the mixture two - thirds full.
- Top the
muffins with Demerara sugar.
- Bake in the oven at 190° Gas No 5 for approximately 25 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold dusted with icing sugar.
For a special treat at Easter time with seaso nal eggs, butter cream & colourful decorations .